FUNKE W16

FORUM about all Other tube testers, not listed below

FUNKE W16

Postby Dru » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:00 am

Hallo,

i have a problem with my W16, meter does works and measure current (12 and 13 position) but don't power up in first step filament position test and obviously doesn't go in error without tube in the socket.

I checked resistors but seems be ok, it's possible the problem it's the meter?

Thank you.
Dru

Re: FUNKE W16

Postby Admin19 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:50 pm

The problem is probably not the panel meter itself. The meter ondicates en "Error" (go to the left) when there is NO tube inserted.

If that is not working, you need to check if the error function is working at all. It is a big word for nothing else but a resistance meter. Just they reversed the direction of the needle.

For instance without tube inserted, connect a 10k ohms resistor between some of the electrodes of the tube which you are testing. Then rotate to that position and see if the resistor gets gets indicated as an "error". Of course do not go to "TEST" in that condion. Like this verify all positions of the error test. So all steps of the switch. If only the heater function itself is bad, and all of the other tests work, you may have a problem with the switch itself. In that case it's best to take it out and check it carefully at the bench. Some have lot of play on the axis, but you may be able to fix that by re-adjust the contacts somewhat.
Admin19
Site Admin

Return to OTHER Tube testers